Thursday, September 29, 2011

You're Almost As Cute As Your Best Friend.

I thought we could use some adorable with a touch of fur while I'm getting another bio post ready. I think I've put Gene Kelly on the back burner for those of you waiting on that one. (Blame my aversion to musicals).  Hmmmm, I wonder if I could use that excuse for other things I put off in daily life?  "Hey, sorry I'm running late for dinner, it's those darn musicals" No, okay it's just Gene who's getting shunned for musicals.

Hopefully you'll enjoy a few more of our fabulous stars posing with their cuddly friends.

I'm not sure what Jean Simmons is wearing but since it covers her head to toe perhaps it's to keep her from being bitten or she's been workin on a chain gang part time.

Clark Gable and his little terrier. Who says manly men have to have giant dogs?

Martha Raye with a very popular breed of dog during the late 30's and early 40's. Cute as a button!

Marilyn Monroe who obviously doesn't understand that if your pet is over 10 lbs it's okay to have it sit on the floor at your feet. Then there's the dog who appears to be thinking :"I can't believe I'm actually being held by Marilyn Monroe, I hope my friends see this...Stay calm and don't make her look stupid...Oh, boy I hope she takes me home, she smells like roses."

Raymond McKee who also went to the same pet classes as Marilyn on how to hold your pet.  Either that or the dog is photographed mid flip so in that case carry on.

When your doggie's hair looks in better condition than yours and it's a CHOW you might need a hot oil treatment Joan Crawford!

Even Jayne Mansfield's chihuahua can't believe her unflattering dress. (And just because it's see through doesn't make it better boys). Oh, and I guess we're to believe that she's beating an egg in that tiny bowl the size of a tea cup without making a mess. 

I would comment about Sophia Loren's muppet bangs but who would actually notice in that negligee. Her little doggie looks very comfy too close to such beauty.

I wonder if Norma Talmadge just asked the photographer "Does this dog make me look fat?"

I don't have a pet myself but I do have a 'lil brother', my parents dog, Bob Barker. I asked my mom why he was named that and she said it's because he was spayed and neutered. Well, okay then, that makes sense.  He's also the slowest and oldest land animal in the world.  Introducing Bob Barker.


Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.
Page

16 comments:

  1. This post was great. Even Bob Barker seems to be having fun (I don't know if that's even possible after being spayed and neutered).

    I just had a brain storm....ok, you got it out of me. It was only a brief drizzle...why don't you get photos of pets from fellow bloggers. I don't have a pet at present, but I'm sure others do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page, it's always fun to see one of your cute-animal blog posts -- funny and cuddly all in one package (that goes for both you and the dog pix :-))! I always like seeing he-man types with little dogs; it leaves me with the impression that he's tough yet tender (like Adrien Brody and his Chihuahua Ceelo :-)!

    P.S.: Hope you'll check out my new improved remix of STRANGERS ON A TRAIN -- now with Fisticam! :-)

    http://doriantb.blogspot.com/2010/10/lovers-and-other-stranglers-alfred.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,
    Ha Ha! Bob Barker doesn't do a lot other than sleep and ride around in my parents golf cart. Well, he did manage to get it into drive once while parked in front of the lake store where my parents live. He was unattended and tried to drive it through the front of the store. Then another time while I was visiting I left him and his brother Buddy (a Shih-tzu) in the golf cart while I went into a burger place to pick up food, only to come out to find them headed down the road in the golf cart barreling towards a car! I'm not even kidding here. I had to run to catch up, dropping the burgers in order to save them both. They like to attempt "getaways" which is pretty hilarious although dangerous. They're like the Keystone Cops except with fur!

    I would definitely do an update with other bloggers pets if they wanted to share them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorian,
    I love these 'stars in candids' posts too! I need to get my butt over to your blog and comment on TO Catch A Thief too! I read the great review but I had to run out before commenting. I'm so behind but it's musicals fault..always those darn musicals. I will get over and read your new post and get started on reading others. I just realized there's a Deborah Kerr Blogathon going on as well. (Not a big fan of hers)
    Hi Vinnie!
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dorian,
    I almost forgot! Adrien Brody, The Pianist (Drink) 'winks'

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom,
    Sorry about that! I thought I had an email addy available for blog related stuff. I've made it available.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I haven't seen these. I love love love Marilyn Monroe and her giant lap dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Perfect #9,
    I'm glad you enjoyed the candids. I just realized that I had not added your blog to my blog roll but I've corrected that.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful "Pawesome Pet Pictures", It is fun to see the furry friends of our favorite actors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. Bob Barker, is a very handsome boy. Does Bob Barker, bark.. very much?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn,
    He doesn't bark as much these days since that would take energy! He's also very heavy and it's a feat just getting him into the golf cart for his daily rides. He barks when he hears my voice and when his brother Buddy gets in the way of his food bowl. The one thing he does do which is clever is bring you his food bowl when he's hungry.
    Thanks,
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual, Marilyn takes the cake. That dog looks a little guilty, if you ask me! And adorable post that made me ask my cat "why can't you look cute like that?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I love Bob Barker! Great post as always, Page.

    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  16. FlickChick,
    I guess these stars weren't cat people! Thanks for stopping by.

    @Caroline,
    Good to see you. Bob Barker says thanks too. : )
    Page

    ReplyDelete