Friday, January 14, 2011

Stars And Their Fabulous Cars: Part 3

Its time to have another look at the stars and what they were driving around town.  Notably most stars had the luxury of trading in their vehicles each year for the newest model so you will probably see the same stars with different cars as we take a ride along with them.

Rita Hayworth pretty in pink

Al Jolson 

Jean Harlow getting ready for a drive with a dog as large as her convertible

Joan Crawford and husband Phillip Terry arriving for a get together in their 4 door Sedan

Clark Gable being a man's man opts to get around via motorcycle

Bing Crosby giving rides around the studio lot in his 39 Olds coupe convertible

Silent star Anna Held being chauffeured around in her fabulous 1919 Packard

Silent star Anita Page striking a pose with her beautiful car

Silent star Marion Davies stunning in her fur trimmed wrap and her very early chauffeur driven vehicle

Nancy Carroll with her early model Packard

If you love Classic cars as much as I do you can watch the Barrett-Jackson annual LIVE car auction on the SPEED channel on January the 18th.  The cars range from the earliest Ford Model-T to custom cars of today.  There are also movie driven cars thrown in for hours of fun.  Thanks for stopping by,
Page

9 comments:

  1. I love the Crawford photo, that's exactly how she expected the men in her life to behave: holding the parasol and carrying her bag, knitting, poodles, etc., and walking two steps behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claros,
    I know how much you love Joan! Although I give her a hard time I'm also a big fan of hers.
    Theres several photos of her in my Fairbanks Jr and Franchot posts and I suspect you will enjoy the photos I will post when I finally get around to writing about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the car with nancy carroll is a CADILLAC ABOUT 1928, anita page is sitting on the bumper of a CADILLAC ABOUT 1930 jean harlow and her ROLLS ROYCE ABOUT 1932

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita Page car is a 1929 Cadillac Fleetwood very similar to this: http://www.velocityjournal.com/pictures/org/83/6080.html

      Delete
  4. Anon,
    Thanks so much for sharing the information on the classic cars! I love classics but I'm afraid my knowledge of older cars from this era is minimal.
    I hope you'll come back often.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that we have the Gene Harlow 32 Cadillac V12 roadster ... Is there anyone out there that follows them ???

    Kindest Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stars and cars mix so well, don't you think? Like ice and a good drink. Those cars in particular have a style and charm that fits so well with the charisma of those actors and actresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carry,
      I love old cars too! It's fun to see what our favorite stars were driving or chauffeured around in rather. I'll be doing a couple more posts on them this summer and I'm starting a new series on old Hollywood celeb homes so stay tuned for that too.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope you'll visit often and on in on the discussions.
      Page

      Delete